For information about consumer laws and their enforcement in the ACT, you can visit the Access Canberra.
The ACL replaced the following fair trading and consumer protection laws in the ACT:
- Fair Trading Act 1992 (ACT)
- Fair Trading (Consumer Affairs) Act 1973 (ACT)
- Door-to-Door Trading Act 1991 (ACT)
- Lay-by Sales Agreements Act 1963 (ACT)
- Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth): Parts IVA, V, VA and VC
There are other laws that will continue to apply to consumer transactions after 1 January 2011. Further information can be obtained from the ACT Legislation Register.